Tuesday, 29 January 2013

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)



In IIS7.5  I was trying to start my default Web Site and am getting  the  following Error Screen.


I realized that I want to see which process is using this portNo .
Lets take a look at the netstart  and see what might be causing problem.
Open Command Prompt (Windows Key + R  and Enter cmd) and enter Command.










Then I tried to which process is using this Process ID 4 accessing port No 80.

Using the tasklist command we can see the all processes running under Windows. You can Filter by enter the command /fi “PID  eq 4”. Means we are Searching Process ID  equals to 4.
The process with Process ID 4 is Skype. Then Closed the Skype and restart the IIS now it is working fine Now.

Reference:
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment